Subject: Mosaic

Mosaic

From: Branko Matulic <branko.matulic>
Date: Saturday, October 7, 2000
    **** Moderator's comments: I had great difficulty understanding
    the original message and have rewritten is best I can; I hope I
    have not misconstrued the authors query. I believe the author
    wants to back the mosaic with linen and face with cotton tissue
    (paper?), but am not certain.

We are preparing to lift a 25 square meter Roman figural mosaic in
the antique town Issa, on the island Vis. Can anyone explain how to
stick together cotton tissue, and after adhering canvas (jute) on
the mosaic, face it with some other adhesive than animal glue. I
have experience with animal glue (cola forte), but wish to now how
do it with some other (maybe) better way.

I heard about Plextol B500? Thanks to all who explain how to work
with it.

Branko Matulic

                Distributed: Saturday, October 14, 2000