Subject: Pest management

Pest management

From: Jerry Shiner <keepsafe>
Date: Friday, October 6, 2000
Betty Conn <betty.conn [at] eudoramail__com> writes

>...  Some books in that library are infested
>with insects that have been identified as book lice, and they would
>like information on the best way to get rid of the lice and steps to
>take to prevent further infestation. This information will be
>extremely helpful to us when we have future questions on the same
>subject.

Most insect infestations can be eradicated by sealing the object in
an oxygen-free chamber or plastic envelope for a short (2-4 weeks)
period of time. More information on anoxic treatment kits (barrier
film envelopes and sachets of oxygen-scavenger) is available at our
web site: <URL:http://www.gowncare.com> and there's lots of archived
discussion on CoOL.

Jerry Shiner
Keepsafe Systems
Micro-climate and Oxygen-free storage for Professional Conservators
800-683-4696
Fax: 416-703-5991

                Distributed: Saturday, October 14, 2000