Subject: Foam board

Foam board

From: Lisa Mibach <mibach>
Date: Tuesday, September 26, 2000
I enjoyed Paul Storch's helpful comments, and thank Karen for
sharing them. Has anyone done any analytical testing for VOCs from
Isobord?

    1.  I seem to recall some fairly spirited exchanges here some
        time ago on the subject of Oddy tests and the reliability of
        their results as long-term predictors.  I think they are
        excellent at their intended use, which is high-level
        screening for exhibit use in the absence of analytical
        alternatives, but they are subject to considerable
        variability depending on how they are carried out. Now that
        we have analytical equipment that can give us more precise
        and reliable information, I think we should use it. Since
        this is a Canadian board, perhaps CCI has some information
        already?

    2.  Karen, I don't quite visualize the intended use, but a
        possible candidate might be the thick-walled Coroplast-I
        have seen it roughly 1/2" thick (I thought it was an optical
        illusion).

Lisa Mibach
Heritage Resource Management

                 Distributed: Thursday, October 5, 2000