Subject: Styx wax

Styx wax

From: Lynda Zycherman <lynda_zycherman>
Date: Wednesday, September 20, 2000
The supplier of Styx bulletin board mounting wax seems to have
disappeared. This is the wax we favored for holding various types of
objects to supports and shelving.  We have found Quake Wax too
sticky. Does anyone have a supplier for Styx wax?  Alternatively,
what are the other conservation-safe mounting waxes currently in
use?

Lynda A. Zycherman
Associate Conservator
The Museum of Modern Art
11 West 53rd Street
New York, NY 10019
212-708-9571
Fax: 212-397-0773

               Distributed: Thursday, September 21, 2000