Subject: Conservators for disaster response in Florida

Conservators for disaster response in Florida

From: Gordon A. Lewis Jr. <lab>
Date: Tuesday, September 19, 2000
    author.

Because of Florida's vulnerability to hurricanes, floods, and
tornadoes many of us realize what a difficult position we will be in
when these natural disasters strike and the need there will be for
conservators to assist.  As a result, a major insurance company has
asked that I help them develop a roster of conservators who could be
brought in.  As we all know, there have been previous attempts to
organize situations such as this which have fallen victim to funding
and other man-made problems.  In this particular instance, however,
the insurer has advised me that they will incur the salaries and
expenses of those involved.  It will require the ability to get away
from your existing practice for a period of at least 5 to 10 working
days and it is doubtful that our employer will pay for trips back
home on the intervening weekends.

If this is of interest, please e-mail me your contact information
and a brief precis of your experience and abilities.

The insurer has asked that we update this list annually, so we
anticipate doing so at the beginning of the next hurricane season,
which is June.

Gordon Lewis, Jr.
Senior Director and Vice President

               Distributed: Thursday, September 21, 2000