Subject: Cost and availability of XRF analysis

Cost and availability of XRF analysis

From: Luis Nadeau <nadeaul>
Date: Wednesday, September 13, 2000
As a follow-up to our Encyclopedia of Printing, Photographic, and
Photomechanical Processes, our next book is on the identification of
engravings and photographs. To this effect, we would like to inquire
about the cost and availability of non-destructive analysis of
photographs by X-ray fluorescence spectrometry. More specifically,
where are the laboratories, around the world, that can perform this
kind of work and how much do they charge for it?

We would also like to hear from those who have developed new
identification techniques, e.g., through microscopic examination,
spot tests, etc.

Luis Nadeau
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada

               Distributed: Thursday, September 14, 2000