Subject: Foam board

Foam board

From: Anne Lane <alane>
Date: Thursday, September 14, 2000
Karen Potje <kpotje [at] cca__qc__ca> writes

>I have been asked by our exhibition design department to find a
>rigid, light-weight opaque panel that can be used to form the front
>wall of a large vitrine which will have windows cut in it for
>viewing the objects. ...

You might look into a product called Corrulite, produced by the U.S.
Corrulite Corporation. It is a rigid corrugated polyethylene board
which comes in many weights. It is strong and lightweight, can
easily be cut and bent, and takes hot-melt adhesive very well. If
you can't get it through a local plastics distributor, I will be
happy to dig up contact information for you.

Anne T. Lane, Collections Manager
Museum of York County
4621 Mount Gallant Road,
Rock Hill, SC 29732-9905
803-329-2121, ext. 104
Fax: 803-329-5249

               Distributed: Thursday, September 14, 2000