Subject: Offgassing

Offgassing

From: Rachel Lyons <relyons>
Date: Wednesday, September 6, 2000
I am establishing a new archives in a very old building and I need
to paint the concrete floor as well as a metal flat file which we
use to store posters.  I have an estimate for electrostatically
repainting the flat file but I am concerned about offgassing in
both of these projects.  Is there a specific ingredient that I
should be aware of?  Or better yet is there an article or guide on
this topic that a historian could understand?

Rachel Lyons
Archivist
New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Foundation
New Orleans, Louisiana

                Distributed: Tuesday, September 12, 2000