Subject: Paint finishes on storage furniture

Paint finishes on storage furniture

From: Nicola L. Ralston <nlralston>
Date: Thursday, August 31, 2000
My colleague and I have been asked to compile information on storage
furniture. Our institution, the National Library of Ireland, is
undergoing a major building/re-furbishment programme, during this
process a major, long-term investment will be made in purchasing new
storage furniture.

We are keen to source factual information on the pros and cons of
the various finishes widely available. Our prime concern is the
issue of off-gassing.

Nikki Ralston
Paper Conservator
National Library of Ireland