Subject: Outdoor display

Outdoor display

From: David Lynx <david>
Date: Monday, August 14, 2000
    **** Moderator's comments:
    This query comes from a person who is not on the DistList and
    will not see any responses that are posted here.  Please respond
    directly to sender and if of general interest post it here as
    well

I have been placed on an advisory group for a proposed piece of
public art/sculpture.  The artist and community members who designed
this sculpture would like to have "permanent" items on display in
window boxes within the sculpture.

So far, I have been the most vocal (putting it lightly) about
placing anything where sunlight, condensation, vandalism, etc, will
affect these items over the short or long term.  I have suggested
ways of making the objects more permanent; bronzing, screening on
ceramic tile, etc.

What I am asking the list is, has anyone attempted anything close to
this? What was done to keep items from getting damaged? What
materials were used?

David Lynx
Yakima Valley Museum

                  Distributed: Monday, August 14, 2000