Subject: Atlas

Atlas

From: Sue Dunlap <sdunlap>
Date: Thursday, August 10, 2000
Our public library in town has a large atlas that needs conservation
on a shoe-string budget.  Here is her description:

   "The Caldwell's Atlas of Holmes County, Ohio is dated 1875.  It
    has black and white sketches but the actual township maps are in
    color.  It has 105 pages. The pages are 17" by 14".  More than
    half of the pages have fallen out.  Many pages are ragged around
    the edges while other pages appear to have been taped. The book
    is in poor condition.  Any suggestions would be wonderful."

I haven't looked at it myself.  I guess it is heavily used in the
genealogy department.  As she said, any suggestions would be
wonderful.

Sue Dunlap
Preservation Manager
College of Wooster Libraries