Subject: X-ray equipment

X-ray equipment

From: Heather Karasow <hkarasow>
Date: Thursday, August 10, 2000
    author.

Our 30 year-old x-ray machine is in need of serious repair and may
need to be replaced. We would appreciate hearing from anyone who has
purchased a new x-ray machine in the last few years.

We have a Picker "Hot Shot". It was capable of exposures form 14 to
55 KV and was used for examinations of paintings, objects, and
furniture. Can anyone who has a newer x-ray machine with these
approximated specifications make a recommendation?

Joe Mikuliak, Photographer, Conservation Department
Philadelphia Museum of Art

                  Distributed: Friday, August 11, 2000