Subject: Interviewing technicians

Interviewing technicians

From: Meg Brown <mmbrown>
Date: Friday, August 4, 2000
    author.

At a recent Library Collections Conservation Discussion Group
(LCCDG) meeting (at AIC in Philadelphia) we discussed issues
concerning technicians. One of the topics that was raised was what
questions people ask technician candidates at interviews, and also
what questions they ask references they call about these candidates.
Many suggestions were given and the group was interested in making a
complete list of questions. Because many of us have our own lists,
and there may be duplications, and we don't want to clutter the
DistList, I would be happy to compile entries and share the compiled
list with all (I will keep institutions confidential in case anyone
is uncomfortable about that). Please send your questions to me:
mmbrown [at] ukans__edu

I can accept attachments of most kinds. We were also interested in
what types of dexterity testing people might do at interviews and
would welcome suggestions in that area.

Meg Brown
Conservator
University of Kansas Libraries