Subject: Conservation books for children

Conservation books for children

From: Elizabeth Zurawski <zurawskie>
Date: Thursday, August 3, 2000
Carolyn Lamb <carolynpaintingconservator [at] rocketmail__com> writes

>I am looking for children's books suitable for a resource area
>within our forthcoming 'Yours for Keeps: Conserving Bristol's
>Heritage' Exhibition. We have a section for adults but can't find
>anything suitable for younger children.Any ideas?

The following book has several pages dealing with conservation, but
because these are not about books, I cannot comment on how well the
subject is handled.

    Archeology, #56
    Dorling Kindersley Eyewitness Books
    by Dr. Jane McIntosh, 1994, this edition 2000.

The section on "Marine archeology" focuses on the "Mary Rose" and
articles recovered from the wrecked ship.  In the following sections
on "Conservation of materials" and continuing into "Painstaking
processes" there is a statement on reversibility with a few specific
applications of this "golden rule of modern conservation".

And pictures!

Elizabeth Zurawski
Newberry Library
Conservation Department