Subject: Mammoth ivory

Mammoth ivory

From: Zoran Milic <zoran.milic>
Date: Thursday, August 3, 2000
Diana Komejan <diana.komejan [at] gov__yk__ca> writes

>Does anyone have any experience or information on adhesives and/or
>fillers which have been successfully used on mammoth ivory.

I can suggest you to read Preprints of the Contributions to the
Paris Congress, 2-8 September 1984: Adhesives and Consolidants.
There you can find some suggestions of the use of adhesives for
different materials. Another book handles wood problems and you
can find some solutions for elastic putty, which could be use for
bones too, I suppose:

    Bernhard Mintrop
    Elastische Kitte in der Holzrestaurierung
    Published by: Anton Siegel GmbH, Fachbuchhandlung Muenchen
    ISBN 3-9804227-6-3

Zoran Milic

                  Distributed: Sunday, August 6, 2000