Subject: Conservation books for children

Conservation books for children

From: Alyssa Becker <abecker>
Date: Friday, July 28, 2000
Carolyn Lamb <carolynpaintingconservator [at] rocketmail__com>

>I am looking for children's books suitable for a resource area
>within our forthcoming 'Yours for Keeps: Conserving Bristol's
>Heritage' Exhibition. We have a section for adults but can't find
>anything suitable for younger children.Any ideas?

I don't know of any children's titles for conservation, but I can
think of two fiction titles that touch on heritage preservation.

The first title is "My Noah's Ark" by M.B. Goffstein.  In it, an old
woman remembers her life experiences related to a Noah's Ark carved
by her father.

The second is called "Carl Makes a Scrapbook" by Alexandra Day. Its
a picture book featuring a dog and a baby assembling family photos.

I'm, not sure if this is the sort of thing you are looking for, but
they are both very sweet books and I highly recommend them! Regards,

Alyssa Becker

                   Distributed: Friday, July 28, 2000