Subject: Environmental impact of conservation materials

Environmental impact of conservation materials

From: Paul Harrison <paulehar>
Date: Wednesday, July 26, 2000
I pride myself in belonging to a 'green profession' I work as a
metal conservator. I note that painting conservators use sturgeon
glue as a superior glue. Should you? the sturgeon is being heavily
overfished for caviar, although glue is a tiny by product of the
trade, it is helping to push an ancient wonderful fish to
extinction.

    **** Moderator's comments: Fair warning: only substantive
    posted. If you simply want to express a political view or
    discuss vegetarianism or other tangential issues, please reply
    directly to the author.

Paul Harrison  (ps I am a vegetarian)

                  Distributed: Thursday, July 27, 2000