Subject: Pest control and security

Pest control and security

From: Lalit Kumar <lalitkumar88>
Date: Monday, July 24, 2000
Patricia L. Miller <plmxiha [at] firefly__prairienet__org> writes

>    2.  Do any of your museum security pals use battery powered
>        motion detectors in exhibits? Do they make ones that use
>        beam technology or have a narrow cone of detection? I'm
>        using some little Radio Shack screamers. They're ok, but I'd
>        love to have something that's fairly inexpensive and
>        portable.

We are using the infrared motion detector in our museum. They are
connected to the main power supply but they also work on battery 12
Volt D.C.  It is the Israeli Hawk technology which is being marketed
here by Godrej and Boyce Co. in India.

Lalit kumar,
L. D. Museum, Ahmedabad, India.

                   Distributed: Monday, July 24, 2000