Subject: Lead

Lead

From: W. T. Chase <tchase4921>
Date: Tuesday, July 18, 2000
Latif Ozen <anmedmuz [at] marketweb__net__tr> writes

>The collection of the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations has a lot of
>lead objects that need conservation treatment. We are considering
>using the method of consolidative reduction on the some of the lead
>artifacts and we would like to build a unit for this purpose. For
>this reason, we are looking for further information  on the process
>and circuit map. We would like to hear from people who have
>constructed a unit.

A number of years ago I made a partially-rectified current setup for
consolidative reduction of silver (I believe).  I was able to follow
Robert Organ's excellent directions in his publications and the unit
functioned very well and did exactly what it was supposed to.  It
requires a selenium full-wave bridge rectifier which one modifies by
cutting one of the connectors.  I don't know if anyone even makes
selenium rectifiers any more (but there is always the surplus
market).  Contact me directly if you want further help.

Tom Chase

                   Distributed: Friday, July 21, 2000