Subject: Eggs

Eggs

From: Giorgio Zanchetti <giorgio.zanchetti>
Date: Saturday, July 15, 2000
I'm looking for experiences and information about long term
conservation and restoration of biological materials like eggs,
fresh or boiled, in contemporary art works.

My request starts from some reflections about the work "Uovo con
impronta" by Piero Manzoni  (made in 1960, in 51 copies), which
consist of a real egg with an ink thumbprint.  Is there any specific
experience about it?

Has anyone information about traditional methods for the
preservation of real eggs, maybe in Zoological Museums?  And about
the re-assembling of a broken exemplar?

Giorgio Zanchetti

                   Distributed: Monday, July 17, 2000