Subject: Boric acid and pest control

Boric acid and pest control

From: Katia Bettencourt <kbettencourt>
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2000
I would like info about pest control (insects) using boric acid for
paper based material (library collections). The Truly Nolen is now
operating in Portugal and they use boric acid to eliminate
silverfish (Ctenolepisma Longicaudata/Escherich, 1905, the most
common Lepismatidae at library/archives/museum in south europe ).
I've asked them if they had worked for libraries/archives in USA but
I guess not. I would appreciate any suggestions,

Katia Bettencourt
Paper conservator
National Library of Lisbon
Preservation Department