Subject: Felice Ficherelli

Felice Ficherelli

From: Bernd Schoeppler <bschoepp>
Date: Friday, July 7, 2000
Nina Robbins <nina.robbins [at] kiasma__fi> writes

>I am in the process of investigating an unattributed large size oil
>on canvas from possibly early 17th century Florentine painting
>tradition. In connection to this I am interested in works by a
>Florentine painter, Felice Ficherelli (1603-1660). Namely, I am
>trying to find out if any technical investigation, in addition to a
conservation process, has been conducted to his paintings anywhere.
I would be most grateful of any information that would help me in
this matter.

For my catalogue on the Florentine painter Giovanni Martinelli
(1600-1659)I had also do deal with Ficherelli. There is a collector
who owns some Ficherellis and has also done research on the painter.
I can forward your demand to him if wanted.

Recently a large painting by Ficherelli was donated by the late G.
Ewald to the Galleria Palatina in Florence. It seemed to have been
only recently restored.

Bernd J. Schoeppler M.A.

                 Distributed: Wednesday, July 12, 2000