Subject: Felice Ficherelli

Felice Ficherelli

From: Joan Marie Reifsnyder <jmreif>
Date: Friday, July 7, 2000
Nina Robbins <nina.robbins [at] kiasma__fi> writes

>I am in the process of investigating an unattributed large size oil
>on canvas from possibly early 17th century Florentine painting
>tradition. In connection to this I am interested in works by a
>Florentine painter, Felice Ficherelli (1603-1660). Namely, I am
>trying to find out if any technical investigation, in addition to a
conservation process, has been conducted to his paintings anywhere.
I would be most grateful of any information that would help me in
this matter.

First of all: do you have the biography for Ficherelli from the
exhibition here in Florence 1986-1987 on the 1600 ?

   "Il Seicento Fiorentino: Arte a Firenze da Ferdinando I a Cosimo
    III", compiled by Mina Gregori, Ed. Cantini Edizioni d'Arte,
    1986, ISBN 88-7737-013-0

There are three main catalogues for the exhibition. Of course, the
text is in Italian.  If you need/want the biography in English
please let me know.  None of the works by Ficherelli in that
exhibition were treated specifically for the exhibit. However, there
are three or four of his works published.

Technical information will be more difficult to find, but hopefully
not impossible.  In fact, I've been hunting down treatment
information already on Ficherelli for the past few weeks in relation
to another request.  I'd be happy to try to assist you with any
information I find, if you would like to contact me directly by
email.

I have done a good deal of research on the painters of the Seicento
Fiorentino, and have years of experience working on paintings by
1600 Florentine masters.  Being one of my real passions, I am happy
to help if I can.

(Please note that the dates for Ficherelli are: San Gimignano
(Siena) 1605 - Florence 1660)

Joan Reifsnyder
Florence Conservation & Resource Center
Via Palazzuolo 66r