Subject: Dataloggers

Dataloggers

From: Jack C. Thompson <tcl>
Date: Tuesday, May 30, 2000
Nelly Balloffet <nbal [at] bestweb__net> writes

>A client is considering buying data loggers to use in archives and
>special library collections rooms and wants advice on better and
>worse brands. I don't have up-to-date information and would like
>suggestions from anyone who has recent experience.

For over ten years I have been using a couple of DataBear loggers
from Langan Products <URL:http://www.langan.net/lpi/> and have been
very satisfied.

This data logger is available with software for Mac, Windows, DOS,
and the %RH exceeds the range of any others I've seen; up to 100+%
full immersion in water).

In addition to temperature and humidity, there are also probes for
measuring carbon monoxide, barometric pressure, etc.  See the web
page for more complete data.

Disclaimer: Leon Langan and I collaborated on the measurement of
temperature/%RH at Alcatraz Island in a year-long study, but I paid
full list price for my loggers.

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick