Subject: Amber necklace

Amber necklace

From: Joanne Marshall <joanne.marshall.um>
Date: Friday, May 26, 2000
We have, in our collection, an amber necklace from Kurin Moss,
County londonderry.There are 301 beads in total which vary in size
from 7 mm to 45 mm in diameter.The beads are strung together on a
piece of fishing line. As the necklace is soon to be placed on
display I would like to take this opportunity to restring it with a
separator between each bead (I'm thinking small sections of silicone
tubing). Any other ideas or references to further reading would be
welcomed.

Joanne Marshall
Organics Conservator
Ulster Museum
Museums and Galleries of Northern Ireland
Botanic Gardens
Belfast BT9 5AB
N. Ireland

                   Distributed: Friday, May 26, 2000