Subject: Blue paper

Blue paper

From: John van Oosterom <john>
Date: Friday, May 26, 2000
drawings on blued paper from the early nineteenth century, may I
suggest she reads the article by

    Calvin Winner. Seeing Blue: An Investigation of the
    Deterioration in JMW Turner's Blue Drawing Papers.
    The Quarterly--The Journal of the British Association of Paper
    Historians, No. 31, August 1999, pp 11-17.

    John Krill. Silk Paper and early artists paper promoted by the
    Society.
    Journal of The Royal Society of Arts, Vol.144, March 1996, pp
    72-74

and his further recent talks on the same subject may further her
work with c19th coloured paper.

She may also have interest in comparing the very exact copies of
papers of this period which are to be found in the "Queen Anne"
Bookpapers and "Regency" Watercolour Papers which are ranges of
handmade papers which I have spent some time developing. The
'Turner's Blue' would be particularly pertinent, being a copy of a
90lb Imperial paper made by George Steart at De Monthalt Mill near
Bath, England, in 1828.

John van Oosterom,
J v O Papers,
15 Newell Street