Subject: Solvent gels

Solvent gels

From: Joan Marie Reifsnyder <jmreif>
Date: Thursday, May 11, 2000
Alix Laveau <al.ix [at] libero__it> writes

>We are students of paintings restoration in Rome at the Istituto
>Centrale per Roma and are doing research for the diploma thesis on
>cleaning mobile paintings with solvents in gel. If possible, we
>would like some information about this cleaning technique.

Seeing you are inquiring from Italy, I would begin by contacting Dr.
Paolo Cremonesi who has been working with various aqueous based
cleaning systems here in Italy and, most recently, with solvent
gels.  He has coordinated over the past few years with Richard
Wolbers--who is the other resource who comes immediately to mind for
information on solvent gels.

If you need any help in contacting these two individuals, please let
me know.

Joan Marie Reifsnyder
The Florence Conservation and Resource Center

                   Distributed: Tuesday, May 16, 2000