Subject: Cellugel

Cellugel

From: Angela F. Piercy <afp048t>
Date: Tuesday, May 9, 2000
Has anyone ever tried this product or know what the pros and cons
might be? I would be using this on leather bindings that are
deteriorating, items where my only other option is boxing.  It is
available from Gaylord, and the description makes it sound great:
"Will not darken, discolor, or leave film on the surface of leather.
Developed and used by professional conservators to treat
deteriorating, powdery leather (red rot)..."  Is this something I
should avoid, like other leather treatments we've tried in the past?

    **** Moderator's comments: According to
    <URL:http://home.flash.net/~skenneth/> "Cellugel is a product
    of:
        Preservation Solutions
        2650 West Montrose Avenue
        Chicago, Illinois 60618

    and is also available from University Products.

Angie Piercy
Library Associate - Acquisitions
Southwest Missouri State University

                  Distributed: Wednesday, May 10, 2000