Subject: Pest monitoring software

Pest monitoring software

From: Lisa Kronthal <kronth>
Date: Wednesday, May 3, 2000
Our museum is currently investigating software available for
monitoring an insect trapping program. We would like to set up a
system that allows us to visualize trap sites, input large amounts
of capture data, note trends and identify problem areas in the
building, storage areas, or exhibit locations. So far, we haven't
come across any off-the-shelf packages.  We are aware that some
institutions have developed their own systems and would like to find
out which database package was used, how the data is organized
within the system, and what problems have arisen. Any additional
tips or ideas would be helpful.

Lisa Kronthal
Associate Conservator
Department of Anthropology