Subject: Slimlight

Slimlight

From: Patricia Elliott Stroh <pelliott>
Date: Wednesday, May 3, 2000
Has anyone had any experience using the SLIMLIGHT, made by Anton
Glaser in Stuttgart, for conservation work? I am specifically
interested in its functionality as a tool for viewing watermarks in
paper. I need something that is both portable and may be used with
bound volumes. I'd appreciate hearing any of your recommendations on
this or other products.

    **** Moderator's comments: Not having seen this product I was
    curious; for a picture and general info about this
    product see
    <URL:http://info.uibk.ac.at/sci-org/voeb/marte.html#mayer>

Patricia Stroh
Curator, Beethoven Center