Subject: Warhol

Warhol

From: Borge Igor Brandt <bibrandt>
Date: Sunday, April 23, 2000
Iris Winkelmeyer <i.winkelmeyer [at] abk-stuttgart__de>

>We have investigated a series of Warhol paintings in German
>collections to find out more about the original framing, since a lot
>of the work has been reframed and put on new stretchers. We would
>like to find out how Warhol wanted his works to be presented. The
>only original piece we found was stapled on the backside and there
>were no indications of any decorative frames, not even a thin
>aluminium frame. Does anybody have more information on the original
>appearance or observations towards this subject?

A little observation:
Well in the Louisiana Museum (Denmark, humlebaek) There is now an
exhibition "Warhol and his world" with a little painting of Mao
(1973) Kat. nr. 31. This painting is stapled  on the side of the
stretcher. Several of the staples have original paint on the top, so
this one is on the original stretcher and have been stapled this
way. And no frame.

Borge Igor Brandt

                  Distributed: Monday, April 24, 2000