Subject: Warhol

Warhol

From: Iris Winkelmeyer <i.winkelmeyer>
Date: Thursday, April 20, 2000
We have investigated a series of Warhol paintings in German
collections to find out more about the original framing, since a lot
of the work has been reframed and put on new stretchers. We would
like to find out how Warhol wanted his works to be presented. The
only original piece we found was stapled on the backside and there
were no indications of any decorative frames, not even a thin
aluminium frame. Does anybody have more information on the original
appearance or observations towards this subject?

                  Distributed: Friday, April 21, 2000