Subject: Food scents in galleries

Food scents in galleries

From: Linda A. Strauss <lstrauss>
Date: Monday, April 17, 2000
The education department at our museum would like to use artificial
food scents in our children's discovery gallery. This gallery is
generally used to replicate a home in specific culture.  In this
case they would like to have apple pie smells wafting from a
bungalow. Would these smells be likely to attract bugs or rodents?
As they are artificial and no food is involved, I am not sure.

Linda A. Strauss
Chief Conservator
Autry Museum of Western Heritage
4700 Western Heritage Way