Subject: Amber

Amber

From: Michael Maggen <maggen>
Date: Monday, April 17, 2000
Alexandra Jeberien <jeberien [at] rzb__fhtw-berlin__de>

>For my thesis research, I need information on treatments of amber,
>especially consolidants recently used, and not published in the last
>10 years.

Prof. Shederinzky is a world wide expert dealing with amber,
especially with amber analysis, He is working in Metropolitan Museum
in N.Y. and used to give lectures in N.Y.U Institute of Fine Art
conservation training (I`m not sure if this true for the present) ,
I don't have his address but I believe that you can locate his
address contacting the above institutions.

Michael Maggen,
Head of Paper Conservation Dept.
The Israel Museum Jerusalem,
POB 71117, Jerusalem 91710, Israel.