Subject: Humidification

Humidification

From: Neil Patrick O'Donnell <npo>
Date: Thursday, March 30, 2000
The Society's collection of Native American material includes
several pairs of moccasins that have completely dried out during
the last century.  I have placed one pair in our home-made humidity
chamber and after several rotations, the pair softened up quite a
bit.  However, once out of the chamber the pair quickly harden
again.  I would appreciate any suggestions on anything we can do to
prevent the pair from hardening again.

Neil O'Donnell
Anthropologist
Buffalo and Erie County Historical Society

                 Distributed: Wednesday, April 5, 2000