Subject: Call for papers--Polymers in museums

Call for papers--Polymers in museums

From: Mary T. Baker <mtbaker>
Date: Monday, April 3, 2000
Polymers in Museums (held every two years) will be part of the
American Chemical Society's Annual meeting in Washington, DC, August
20-25, 2000. I am still accepting papers for the symposium, which
has been very successful in the past, and encourage anyone who is
interested to contact me ASAP or submit an abstract and preprint
directly.

Abstracts and preprints are to be submitted online.  I can make
arrangements for those who don't have internet access (or need help
with online submission) with advance notice--please leave a message
at the voicemail listed below.

You must submit an abstract by April 17 in order to be included;
this is an ACS rule and I can't bend it.  Submit your abstract
(100-150 words) online at <URL:http://acs.confex.com/oasys.htm>,
using the following information (when prompted):  the division is
POLY; you are an "invited speaker"; you wish to present an oral
paper and not be considered for SciMix. Make sure you record your ID
and password (given automatically by the system) so you can make
changes later if necessary.  Follow the instructions to type in your
abstract and submit it.  The abstract can be revised by you up until
the deadline, and I can make changes after the deadline; do not
worry too much about making a mistake while on line.

I strongly suggest you send me an email as well, so I can check on
your abstract.  A preprint will also be required (about 1000-2000
words, depending on how many illustrations are included); the final
draft of your preprint will be due about April 30, 2000.
Instructions on how to submit the preprint are on the abstract
submission page; further hints and help can be obtained by sending
me an email or voicemail message.  The publication of this preprint
does not preclude further publication elsewhere and you will retain
all rights to your paper and its contents.

Student papers are encouraged; the symposium has made the cover of
the ACS news publication twice and is likely to get a lot of
attention again. This is a good chance for some public education
about conservation, and the chemists have always been a sympathetic
and enthusiastic audience.

Please contact me with any questions:

    Mary T. Baker
    mtbaker [at] zdnetonebox__com
    +1 202 777 2649 ext: 1286 (voicemail/fax, US)
    +20 2 378 5495 (Cairo, Egypt)

                 Distributed: Wednesday, April 5, 2000