Subject: Visiting Illinois

Visiting Illinois

From: Anne Lane <alane>
Date: Monday, March 27, 2000
    author.

I am going to be taking the Archaeology and Ethnography Core
Curriculum at the Campbell Center for Historic Preservation Studies
this July. I would like to drive from here--just south of Charlotte,
NC--to the Center in Mt. Carroll, Illinois, west of Chicago,
stopping at museums along the way to talk to Collections Managers
and tour storage areas. What I need is suggestions for places to
stop and people to see. I will probably go through Cleveland to
visit a friend on the way back. I would love to talk to people who
have built new storage facilities or who have dealt creatively with
storage problems, great or small. Any help y'all can give me would
be most appreciated.

Anne T. Lane, Collections Assistant
Museum of York County
4621 Mount Gallant Road,