Subject: Ink stain on paper

Ink stain on paper

From: Alex Arefiev <alex>
Date: Wednesday, March 29, 2000
Can anybody from the list please help me to resolve urgently the
following problem: after washing (by placing  on a water-soaked
absorbing paper) of an ancient gravure that had some inscriptions
(made with a water soluble ink) on its back surface on the back
surface I noticed that these inscriptions became visible on the
pictorial side of the gravure.

The question: how can I repair these ink stains in the front,
without destroying the original inscriptions on the back side of the
gravure.

                 Distributed: Thursday, March 30, 2000