Subject: Internship at Integrated Conservation Resources, Inc.

Internship at Integrated Conservation Resources, Inc.

From: Kecia L. Fong <klfong>
Date: Tuesday, March 21, 2000
Conservation Intern
Integrated Conservation Resources, Inc.
Paid Architectural Conservation Internship

Integrated Conservation Resources, Inc. (ICR) is currently looking
for a qualified person to join our New York team as a Summer
Conservation Intern. This is an excellent opportunity to gain
insight and experience in applied conservation.  The chosen
candidate will gain hands-on experience in (and exposure to) a wide
range of architectural conservation projects and related services.
Under our supervision, he/she will assist our architectural
conservators with tasks that include research, documentation and
survey, laboratory and field testing, sampling, and material
characterisation and analysis. Intern responsibilities will
include maintenance and update of ICR's conservation database,
reference and materials libraries, and implementation of one or more
of our in-house research projects.  Previous research projects have
addressed:

    *   the effects of aggregate size and distribution in mortars
        (strength, permeability, absorbency);

    *   the effects of typical masonry coatings and composite
        patches on water vapor transmission rates; and

    *   the relationships between water vapor transmission and
        absorption on masonry materials.

These are fundamental problems encountered in conservation practice.
Recent ICR client-based projects have included:

    *   Survey, assessment, and masonry conservation cleaning and
        repair recommendations for the 1909 Carrere and Hastings
        Triumphal Arch and Colonnade at the Manhattan Bridge, NYC.

    *   Survey, analysis and conservation recommendations for the
        John LaFarge interior finishes of Trinity Church, Boston.

    *   Survey and monitoring of Trinity Church retaining wall, NYC.

    *   Mortar survey, analysis and replication for the American
        Museum of Natural History, NYC.

    *   Testing, analysis and recommendations for the interior
        restoration of Grand Central Terminal, NYC.

Qualified candidates should be enrolled in a Master's degree program
in historic preservation, and, ideally, possess some related,
practical field experience.  Proficiency in standard graphic
software is desirable (ACAD, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, GIS and
Quark).

This position requires a motivated, organized and enthusiastic
individual with excellent analytical, communication and hand skills.
The individual should be able both to participate as a team member
and to work independently.

Compensation: Paid, full-time internship, competitive salary
commensurate with experience.

Candidates are being interviewed for immediate hire.  All interested
applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to:

    Mr. Glenn Boornazian
    Co-President
    Integrated Conservation Resources, Inc.
    247 West 30th Street
    14th Floor
    New York NY 10001

    212.947.4499
    Fax. 212.947.7766

Founded in 1988, Integrated Conservation Resources, Inc. (ICR) is a
multi-disciplinary consultancy offering a broad range of
architectural conservation services. Our professional conservators
and conservation craftspeople draw from their and experience on
historic structures worldwide to develop, supervise and implement
conservation programs. Our services include: materials testing,
master planning, on-site testing and mock-ups, conditions surveys,
research and documentation, long term maintenance programs, HABS and
Historic Structures Reports, site supervision, construction
management and project implementation.

Kecia L. Fong
Senior Conservator
Integrated Conservation Resources, Inc.