Subject: Coccoina

Coccoina

From: Katharina Maehler <maehler>
Date: Monday, March 20, 2000
I have some requests regarding "coccoina". As I learned it is an
adhesive made in Italy and based on potato starch, glycerol, water
and almond flavour. My special concern is its long-term effect on
paper.

Does anybody have experiences with coccoina? Does anybody know about
tests? Is it recommendable to be used by an non-professional for a
collection of paper-based materials as a ready-made alternative for
starch paste?

Katharina Maehler
Conservator
Herzog August Bibliothek