Subject: Mold on leather

Mold on leather

From: Glenda Stevens <g.stevens>
Date: Tuesday, March 14, 2000
This request for advice was sent to me.  I have answered to the best
of my knowledge, but I thought those on this list might provide a
more complete answer.  Her email address is:

    We are a leathergoods and leather footwear manufacturing company
    located in Malaysia.  I came across your article in the internet
    (Lysol) and wish to seek your advice.  Of late, we have been
    faced with fungal attack problems in our nubuck shoes.  Since
    Malaysia is a tropical country with high humidity, we worry that
    this problem will be recurrent.  How do you suggest we rectify
    the problem?  Is there a fungicide in the market that can be
    used to treat infected leathers?  How do we prevent such a
    problem from happening again?

    Maria Othman
    R&D Department
    Kulitkraf Sdn Bhd