Subject: Conservation of industrial collections

Conservation of industrial collections

From: Jane Henderson <ljd.henderson>
Date: Sunday, March 12, 2000
Terry Quinlan <quinlat [at] algonquinc__on__ca> writes

>I am currently researching the conservation of industrial
>collections. Focus is primarily into their preventive care.
>Specifically I would be interested in any references, abstracts or
>workshops related to this field.

You should see
"Industrial Collections: care and conservation"
Edited by Dollery and Henderson available from UKIC
<URL:http://www.ukic.org.uk/>

I wrote a paper in it entitled 'Identifying Factors Causing Damage
to Welsh Coal Mining Collections' which is a review of what the very
basic preventive conservation measures should be.  I think that you
should also look at MGC publications on Industrial collections. Good
luck,

Jane Henderson

                  Distributed: Tuesday, March 14, 2000