Subject: Fome-Cor

Fome-Cor

From: Scott Williams <scott_williams>
Date: Thursday, March 9, 2000
Karen Potje <kpotje [at] cca__qc__ca> asked:

>Can anyone supply the following information about the graphic art
>board Fome-Cor (TM)?  When was Fome-Cor invented (year)? When did
>artists, graphic artists, model makers, etc. start using this
>graphic art board in their work.

By co-incidence I had searched  the Trade-mark Database of the
Canadian Intellectual Property Office at
<URL:http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/sc_consu/trade-marks/engdoc/cover.html>
for the term FOME-COR and found the following:

    FOME-COR: Laminated panel composed of at least one lamina of
    expanded polystyrene and at least one other lamina, such as,
    paper, metal foil or plastic film.  Trade-mark used in Canada
    since at least as early as June 27, 1966. Registered in USA on
    August 29, 1961 under No. 720686.  Registrant: Monsanto Company.
    Current owner: International Paper Co.

A similar search of the US Trade and Patent Office
<URL:http://www.uspto.gov/tmdb/> for the same term yielded the
following:

    FOME-COR: Laminated Panel Composed of at Least One Lamina of
    Expanded Polystyrene and at Least One Other Lamina, Such as,
    Paper, Metal Foil, or Plastic Film; DATE OF FIRST USE:
    1956.09.23; DATE OF FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 1957.07.03

Scott Williams
Canadian Conservation Institute

                  Distributed: Tuesday, March 14, 2000