Subject: Brad pusher

Brad pusher

From: Stuart MacDonald Welch <info>
Date: Tuesday, March 7, 2000
The following is posted on behalf of Danielle Copperwheat

    I wonder if you can help me. I am looking for a Brad Pusher for
    one of our customers. The tool is used for squeezing nails into
    a frame when fitting a frame back, it avoids jarring the frame
    as a normal frame gun would. On the tool their is an adjustable
    jaw which can be changed to accommodate the frame moulding and
    the nail (or brad) being used. The distance is changed by
    loosening the nut at the top of the jaw and sliding it along the
    arm. The nut is then tightened. To insert the nail the two parts
    of the handle are squeezed together and the head of the nail is
    pushed by the furthest jaw into the moulding. The opposite jaw
    has a rubber pad on it which rests against the moulding to
    prevent it from being scraped.

    Danielle Copperwheat
    Sales Assistant
    Conservation By Design Limited