Subject: Conservation of industrial collections

Conservation of industrial collections

From: Terry Quinlan <quinlat>
Date: Thursday, March 2, 2000
I am currently researching the conservation of industrial
collections. Focus is primarily into their preventive care.
Specifically I would be interested in any references, abstracts or
workshops related to this field. I have undertaken preparatory
research and come up with a number of interesting references,
however a number of these are proving hard to procure. For example I
understand that Anne Moncrieff had presented a workshop at the
IIC-CG Workshop in 1992 titled Conservation of Industrial
Collections  and that Anne Moncrieff and Roger Price had also
developed three-year training course for the Science Museum in
London, England. I would be interested in corresponding with either
Ms. Moncrieff or Mr. Price regarding their work. If anyone knows how
I could reach either it would be greatly appreciated. I would also
be interested in hearing from any other persons involved in the
preservation of industrial collections, specifically those charged
with the preservation of large industrial items being stored
outdoors.

Terrence Quinlan
Conservation Instructor
Applied Museum Studies Program