Subject: Paper deterioration

Paper deterioration

From: Carol Wickenhiser-Schaudt <schaudt>
Date: Friday, February 25, 2000
I received a botanical watercolor illustration to re-frame.  A
professional framer used regular matboard on the piece and the paper
underneath is yellowed.  I will be using conservation board mats
when reframing, but would like to know if there is a spray or
product that can be put on the damaged section of the paper to halt
further destruction of the piece.

Carol Wickenhiser-Schaudt
Botanical Illustrator
Houston, Texas USA