Subject: Gamma radiation

Gamma radiation

From: Patrick Sinco <psinco>
Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2000
I am a reporter researching an article on the use of gamma radiation
to preserve damaged paper documents. I understand that the procedure
is not widely used in the field of preservation, but would like to
learn when and how it is used and how well it performs its task.
Information (specific or not-so-specific accounts, first or
secondhand reports, papers, etc.) from anyone who has experience
using gamma processing will be greatly appreciated. Or perhaps you
can direct me toward a good source of up-to-date information--that
will be prized also. Both brief or not-so-brief responses are
welcome.

Patrick Sinco
Associate Editor, Nuclear News
(NN is the monthly magazine for members of the American Nuclear
Society.)

                 Distributed: Friday, February 25, 2000