Subject: Digital storage material and time capsules

Digital storage material and time capsules

From: Jerry Shiner <keepsafe>
Date: Thursday, February 10, 2000
I'm still waiting for a flood of comments on the best way to store
digital data in a time capsule (see Conservation DistList Instance:
13:37 Monday, January 3, 2000). Not a thousand-year capsule,
something practical: say twenty-five, or fifty years. For my part
I'm certain that CD format players will be available (although
antique), and that the stored data will remain available as long as
the software program can still be executed. Tell me if I'm wrong,
because this is a service I would like to supply conscientiously to
the general public. (please see <URL:http://www.timekit.com/> for
more information)

Jerry Shiner
Keepsafe Systems &
Forever Yours Bridal Gown Preservation
Toronto, Ontario

               Distributed: Wednesday, February 16, 2000