Subject: Printer inks and inkjet paper

Printer inks and inkjet paper

From: Karen Brown <kebrown>
Date: Wednesday, February 16, 2000
I was wondering if anyone knew of current research into the life
expectancy of products such as Kodak InkJet Photo paper, and/or the
permanence of the colored inks in products such as Canon ink
cartridges (e.g., BC-22e Photo).  There is some info in Wilhelm and
Bowers "Permanence and Care of Color Photographs," but we are
looking for more. Many institutions are gathering image data
electronically and producing hard copies for their files and/or
exhibition, but need further details about creating color
"photographic-quality" printouts with long-term stability or good
fade resistance.

    **** Moderator's comments: This topic has been discussed before;
    please see the DistList archives in CoOL
    <URL:http://palimpsest.stanford.edu/byform/mailing-lists/cdl/>

    See especially:
    <URL:http://www.knaw.nl/ecpa/publ/jurgens.html>
    <URL:http://www.wilhelm-research.com>
    <URL:http://www.tssphoto.com/sp/dg/fade.html>
    <URL:http://aic.stanford.edu/conspec/emg/abstracts.html>
    <URL:http://www.foto.unibas.ch/~rundbrief/les33.htm>

    (However, the latter was not responding as of date of this
    mailing)

Karen E.K. Brown
Field Service Representative
NEDCC

               Distributed: Wednesday, February 16, 2000