Subject: Stretching paintings

Stretching paintings

From: Noelle Ocon <nocon>
Date: Tuesday, February 15, 2000
I am currently working on the section concerning "Variations on the
stretching of lined and unlined paintings".  The article is for
Volume II of the Paintings Conservation Catalogue, published by AIC.

I have found rather sparse historical and current documentation
concerning actual stretching methods employed by artists and
conservators alike.  If you would care to share your techniques for
stretching lined or unlined paintings, please contact me directly.
Also, please let me know of any historical documents that you are
aware of concerning this topic.

Noelle Ocon
Assistant Conservator of Paintings
North Carolina Museum of Art
919-839-6262 ext. 2209

               Distributed: Wednesday, February 16, 2000